Here is the recipe:
(Makes approx. 20 pancakes)
- 4 eggs
- 1 litre fermented milk
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 litre plain flour
- 75 g butter
- 1½ tablespoons baking soda
- 100 g Soft Flora margarine (room temperature)
- 60 g icing sugar
- 60 g sugar
- Thoroughly mix the eggs and sugar.
- Melt the butter and mix in. Then add the fermented milk.
- Mix in the flour, a little at a time.
- Finally mix in the baking soda. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Let the batter stand for a while, before frying on a griddle pan or frying pan.
Serve with buttercream – or just brown cheese.
Fjord1 chef’s secret tip: “Pancake batter is always better when made the evening before. Chill overnight. The more eggs, the better the taste!”