Fjord1 AS has approx. 1100 employees and the Fjord1 Group acheived in 2011 an operating income of NOK 2.979 million. Fjord1 is owned by the County Council of Sogn og Fjordane (59 percent) and Havilafjord (41 percent). The Fjord1 headquarter is located in Florø.
Main Business Areas - Ferries and passenger boats
The Fjord1-ferries - crossing the fjords and connecting the islands to the mainland - are inevitable parts of the public transportation infrastrucure on the west coast of Norway. The Fjord1 ferries and passenger boats transported 10 million vehicles and 22,187 million passenges in 2011.
In April of 2012 the companies Fjord1 Nordvestlandske, Fjord1 MRF and Fjord1 Fylkesbaatane merged to a new company - Fjord1 AS. With this move, Fjord1 became the largest ferry company in Norway.
Other business areas - Buses
Fjord1 updated its company strategy in 2011, and decided to focus on the core areas of ferry- and bus operations going forward. Seeing a trend of consolidation in the bus industry, the company decided to sell 51 percent of the stocks in the bus activity to Nettbuss AS on January 1st. 2012. The collaboration with Nettbuss also resulted in collaboration through the start-up company Nettbuss Ekspress AS, where Fjord1 owns 34 percent of the stocks.
Key figures (from 2011)
- Employees per 31.12.11: 2.183
- Vessels (ferries, passenger boats): 81
- Transported passengers (ferry, boat, bus): 30,6 million
- Transported vehicles on ferries: 10,2 million
- Operating income NOK 2.980 million
- Balance 31.12.11: NOK 4758 million
- Equity for the Fjord1 Group per 31.12.11: NOK 1191 million
- Profit before taxes 2011: NOK 98,5 million
- EBITDA: NOK 484,6 million
- Investments: NOK 713,7 million